Welcoming All Referrals
We offer local job placements, free peer coaching, and transportation to anyone seeking work. Referrals are the most effective way for us to connect with jobseekers — we're here to help.
We're hiring for immediate openings from entry-level to high-skill. Check out our openings
or submit a referral.
Introducing Linden, Our Newest Team Member
Please help us welcome Linden Ide to the Working Fields team!
Linden joins us as Account Manager for the Connecticut River Valley region. He brings extensive knowledge of the trade industries as well as lived experience to the role. You can find him at our office in Springfield, VT or get his contact info below.
Linden currently resides in Claremont, NH, where he lives a life in recovery and is also the manager of a sober house. Get in touch with him.
Community Housing Resources
As thousands of people lose or face the loss of their housing, Vermont communities are working to address immediate need and create real solutions. Here are two resources you can share with anyone who wants to help:
- Sign up to provide direct assistance like storage (from Vermont Interfaith Agency)
- Register as a community resource provider (from End Homelessness Vermont)
Have Your BSW or MSW?
Working Fields is seeking a BSW or MSW to provide field supervision for a BSW internship this fall. Over the course of the semester, the volunteer supervisor will help the intern develop a learning agreement, engage in weekly or bi-weekly supervision meetings, and provide a year-end evaluation.
This intern, a UVM student, will have the opportunity to work in the field with the individuals that Working Fields supports through our supportive employment model. The intern will be able to gain insight into the barriers and challenges created through homelessness, justice involvement and substance use disorder.
Interested, qualified BSWs and MSWs should send an email of interest to email@example.com.
Check Out This Innovative Program
A new pilot program from Vermonters for Criminal Justice Reform has seen great success. Their innovative program uses a cash incentive to connect high-risk populations with substance use treatment services, whether or not they are currently using. Watch this video to learn more.
Connect With Us at These Events
6/11 | Job Fair at King St Laundry, 11-1
- Free laundry & food this weekend! Everyone is welcome to stop in.
- When: 11-1 on Sunday, June 11
- Where: 72 King St, Burlington
6/15 | Open House in Greenfield, 3-6
- We're opening our doors at our newest office in Massachusetts - come on down!
- When: 3-6 on Thursday, June 15
- Where: 326 Deerfield St, Greenfield, MA
6/23 | Pathways Job Fair, 2-4
- Pathways is hosting another job fair in Burlington's ONE. We'll be there and hope to see you!
- When: 2-4 on Friday, June 23
- Where: Park next 279 North Winooski Ave, Burlington
6/29 | Drop-in Hours at COTS, 9-11
- Come say hi or refer jobseekers to our regular drop-in hours the last Thursday of the month at COTS.
- When: 9-11am on Thursday, June 29
- Where: 95 North Ave, Burlington
7/6 | GPRC Employment Task Force, 11am
- Join us on the first Thursday of each month to discuss recovery-friendly workforce development on the Seacoast.
- When: 11-12 on Thursday, July 6
- Where: Virtual: contact firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.